Sports massage is an effective therapy for releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the body. Through management, manipulation and rehabilitation of the soft tissues of the body, it can be used to aid a variety of ailments/injuries.
If received regularly, it can help athletes prevent injuries that might be caused by overuse. Athletes will find a good sports masseur is invaluable to help their sports injuries and performance. Regardless of your experience in dance, sport or exercise or whether you exercise socially or perform at an international level – sports massage may have something to offer you. Sports massage can help relieve many day-to-day problems that everyone experiences.
BENEFITS OF SPORTS MASSAGE
- Increases blood flow through the tissues, resulting in faster recovery time, removal of waste products and toxins.
- Through correct stretching, training and use of health equipment, your overall health awareness and understanding of the deep tissues will improve. You can use this knowledge to improve performance.
- Improve your range of motion, flexibility and performance.
- Muscular imbalance and damage in deep tissues can be detected and treated, minimising the risk of injury or further damage.
- Recipients can learn how to monitor their own condition and adjust their training accordingly.
- It can be applied pre-event to stimulate circulation, calm nervous tension and help prepare the dancer for optimal performance.
- It can be applied post-event to remove waste products/toxins, speed up recovery time and de-stress after a performance.