New to yoga? Start here! Yoga for Beginners with Yoga Journal will help demystify yoga, and make it fun, accessible, and safe.
of this course will introduce you to the basics of yoga philosophy, explore the myriad benefits of a regular yoga practice, teach you how to use props, and provide clear video and text instruction for 12 fundamental poses that you’ll use almost every time you roll out your mat. You’ll also get a 20-minute sequence and additional resources to help you continue your education and embody what you learn. This course is perfect for new students or for those who have tried yoga at home and are looking for ways to feel comfortable and confident stepping into a studio.
In Part 1, we will cover:
- Yoga 101 lessons on the history and philosophy of this ancient science, including a review of the 8 limbs of yoga
- 30 reasons that yoga is good for your mind, body, and soul
- Prop and resource guides
- Clear and concise video instruction for 12 basic poses
- A 20-minute sequence that employs many of the basic poses
of this course will help you find a personal practice and routine that resonates with you, so that you’ll want to stick with yoga well into the future. Adding to the foundation you built in Part 1, Part 2 of this course will delve into the basics of breathwork, or pranayama, and meditation, as well as introduce you to different styles of yoga. Plus, you’ll get four video classes and five audio classes.
In Part 2, we will cover:
- Instruction on and information about the science of pranayama, or yogic breathing
- A meditative practice and dozens of reasons to start today
- A flowchart and catalog of yoga styles that can help you find your yoga groove
- Four 20-minute video practices inspired by the vinyasa, Iyengar, Kundalini, and Yin traditions
- A wrap-up of all you’ve learned, including a 20-minute sequence that employs many of the basic poses
Enroll today, and set the foundation for a lifelong love affair with yoga.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in starting a yoga practice.
- Anyone who has already done some yoga, but wants to learn more about the practice and improve their technique.
This is is a syndicated post. Read the original at www.udemy.com